MIGRAINES: CAUSES AND CURE
WHAT IS A MIGRAINE?A migraine is a very common type of headache that is experienced by people belonging to all age groups. This headache is described as a throbbing pain in the back of your head and the upper part of your neck , blurry visions or blind spots, feeling dizzy etc.
WHY IS IT CAUSED?
WHAT CAN SET OF A MIGRAINE?
- STRONG SMELLS
- BRIGHT COLOURS
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, SPECIFICALLY RED WINE
- CHOCOLATE OR COCOA
- NUTS AND PEANUT BUTTER
- EXCESSIVE SMELL OF ONIONS, AND SO ON
WHAT IS AN INSTANT SOLUTION?
- Lie down in the dark-Light can cause the headache to increase and also cause blind spots
- Put a damp cold cloth over your forehead
- Massage your head applying a lot of pressure, or ask someone to give you a soothing oil massage
- Apply pressure on your temple (the side of your forehead)
WHAT IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION?
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE TO AVOID A MIGRAINE HEADACHE
- Figure out your trigger: There are several factors that can trigger a migraine headache, figure out what’s yours. Whether its bright light or loud sounds, try avoiding it as much as you can
- Avoid emotional stress: If you think you are prone to a migraine headache, try to keep yourself calm in situations of emotional distress. Divert your rage to something productive.
- Exercise regularly: A time tested solution to every problem, keep yourself fit.
- Keep a routine: Form a routine for your body to get used, sticking to a planned schedule will keep your body stay off any uncalled for triggers.